The original Fire Hall was located in a garage at the ground level of the
Town Hall. Built in 1890, the structure pictured below served as the Fire Hall
until it was torn down in January 1950 to make way for construction of the
present Fire Hall. Another photograph of this building appears on this page.
(Photograph from the archives of the Guardian Hose Company).
To make way for construction of a new Fire Hall, the first Fire Hall was torn down in January 1950. Pictured below is a crew working on dismantling the old Town Hall.
Left to right - Robert Ogle, Franklin M. Long, Russell Green, and Louis J. Plumer.
(photo courtesy of Louis J. Plumer)
review guardianhose.org's Disclaimer.