Home

 

    United States flag                      Our Logo                       State of Maryland flag

 

 

    Guardian Hose Company logo           

The Guardian Hose Company logo (appears to the left on this web page), consisting of the intertwined letters G, H, and C, was created by former GHC Fire Chief George Black. Chief Black worked at Hammaker Brothers, a memorial and tombstone manufacturing company, just down the street from the Fire Hall. At his work place, Chief Black sandblasted his artistic creation into a piece of glass which was mounted in a hexagonal opening on the front of the Fire Hall constructed in 1950. This hexagonal etched GHC Logo was incorporated into the Memorial Wall in the Fire Hall constructed in 2007 along with the cast bronze letters spelling out "Guardian Hose Co." that were mounted above the engine bay doors of the 1950 Fire Hall.


The logo is featured prominently in many places including on each piece of GHC apparatus,  GHC's letterhead, and our patch.

Successor to Hammaker Brothers, R. S. Kinnaird Memorials, continues to support the Guardian Hose Company in a variety of ways. Like numerous other business concerns in the Thurmont region which assist the Guardian Hose Company on an on-going basis, we are truly grateful for their backing.

 
Please review guardianhose.org's Disclaimer.

Copyright 2002 - 2014 Guardian Hose Company, Inc.  
Last modified: May 16, 2011